Saturday, August 8, 2009

Progressive is not exclusive to a party

I'm mostly just grabbing the domain, but I wanted to riff about something. I don't see "Progressive" as a party designation. I see it as a philosophy. I don't really consider myself to "be a Democrat", mostly because I do see "Democrat" as being a formal label. The Democratic Party, or any political party for that matter, is infrastructure in order to get out a message. I use the Democratic Party as infrastructure to push the progressive message. The right wing is currently using the Republican party to push the conservative message. That's why this country is so polarized, because we have two ideological sides on two political sides.

Infrastructure does what it is programmed to do. If progressives really want to take charge of the debate, we need to have players on both sides. We need progressives to take charge of BOTH major political parties.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment